Student Travel Grants
The IEEE MDM 2015 conference pleased to announce the availability of student travel grants from the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) for U.S.-based students. Each travel grant will cover up to $1,000 USD towards conference-travel related costs. The amount of support provided to each student is to cover the student’s conference registration fee (early registration only), economy airfare from a U.S. carrier, and logging for up to four nights (June 15, 2015 to June 18, 2015). Recipients of the grants will be reimbursed after the conference for their conference-travel related expenses with valid receipts. We especially encourage female students and other under-represented students in the field of Computer Science to apply. In addition, special consideration will be given to exceptional undergraduate students.
See pdf version of the student travel grant announcememnt here or just continue reading below for more information. Also visit grant page.
- The applicant must be a student enrolled at a US University.
- The recipient must register and attend the whole conference.
- The funding will be used for student conference travel-related support only.
- Le Gruenwald (University of Oklahoma)
- Konstantinos Pelechrinis (University of Pittsburgh)
- Vasilis Tsotras (University of California, Riverside)
To apply, you must send an e-mail to email@example.com with a single PDF document containing the following:
- Your CV or resume (containing your full name and e-mail address, current address and contact phone number, current GPA in your coursework, and list of research contributions such as publications).
- A letter indicating why you believe you will benefit from attending MDM 2015. This letter should also include a brief summary of your research interests, accomplishments to date and describe areas reflected in the MDM 2015 program that would impact your research.
- [OPTIONAL] A budget outlining your estimated expenses to attend the conference. The budget can include: (i) student early registration fee for the conference, (ii) lowest cost domestic roundtrip airfare (U.S. carrier only), and (iii) hotel costs at the conference site for Monday June 15, 2015 through Thursday June 18, 2015. The travel grant is expected to partially cover these expenses of up to $1,000 USD. You must provide valid receipts for all these expenses within one week after the conference in order to get reimbursements.
- A recommendation letter from your advisor. This letter should also mention the additional travel resources that will be provided to you for attending MDM 2015.
- Application submission:
March 27, 2015
March 31, 2015
April 8, 2015
- Acceptance by recipient:
April 15, 2015 (conference registration must be completed)
Within one week after the conference, the recipients of the travel grants will need to submit a short report that summarizes how he/she benefited from the NSF travel support, what he/she learned from the conference, and how this impacted his/her career goals.